Erica Daniel Kepner Award for Scientific Achievement
About the Award
The Indiana University Graduate School of Basic Medical Sciences is requesting applications for the Ercia Daniel Kepner Award for Scientific Achievement. This award is named to honor the memory of the late Erica Daniel Kepner, a highly meritorious and courageous graduate student who lost her battle with cancer on August 31, 2011.
This competitive research award of $250 will be made to an outstanding basic science graduate student in any of the 9 doctoral programs in the Indiana School of Medicine. The award will be presented at an annual reception for incoming graduate students held in August.
To be eligible, the graduate student must be a current basic science graduate student nominated by a faculty member at the IUSM. If the student is getting ready to graduate, the graduate student must be enrolled thru the summer term.
The award is based upon a graduate student's contributions to a research manuscript(s) that has either been published or accepted for publication within the last academic calendar year (August to July). A selection committee will evaluate and rank the applicants for this award.
Nominations are composed of:
- Letter of recommendation from the nominating faculty
- Cover page consisting of a short summary of the status of the manuscript and the student’s contributions to the manuscript (please note specifically what figures the student made a contribution to).
* Cover page in Microsoft fillable form
* Cover page in Adobe fillable form
- Copy of the manuscript(s)
- Student's Curriculum Vitae
Assemble the nomination package into a single PDF file and submit below (you will receive a confirmation) or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions or concerns should be directed to Brandy Wood (email@example.com).